Master Lock
For this photo I was experimenting with the settings on my new Canon PowerShot. I had never used the manual settings on the camera before and so this photo just happened out of trial and error.
I like how the object doesn't fit in the frame and that you can see depth of field and some bokeh. This photo is totally unedited. I used Av to turn down the F stop as low as it would go. I got it to go to 2.8. I got really close to the object at a steep angle to have strong focus on part of it and blur on the other.
Master Lock; 28Feb2010; 1:36pm; Rexburg; f2.8; 1/13; Canon PowerShot SX120IS
Lisa's Birthday

I brought my Canon PowerShot to my sister's birthday celebration at Applebee's. While we were waiting for our food I experimented with different angles and manual settings. For this photo, I ended up setting the F stop to 3.5 and I liked how the blur on the sides turned out. The lights on the left where blurry and I think they ad some contrast, and whatever it is to the right of her (someone's arm?) turned out pretty good too.
Lisa's Birthday; 26Feb2010; Rexburg Applebee's; f3.5; 1/8; Canon Powershot SX120IS
BMW
This photo is unedited. I used my Canon PowerShot to capture a close-up of the symbol on my steering wheel. I was playing around with the manual settings and ended up taking this shot with a pretty low F stop: 3.2. I like the light reflection and how the blur turned out.
BMW; 2Feb2010; Rexburg; f3.2; 1/80; CanonPowerShot SX120IS
Time

For Advanced Visual we were asked to experiment with capturing light. For this photo I set the exposure to 15 seconds. The F stop was also really low: 2.8. I used the light on my watch to spell out Time. I like how it turned out especially how you can see the time on the watch throughout the picture. I moved my watched and kept the camera stationary. I took this picture under my desk and used sheets to keep out the light.
Time; 4Feb2010; 3pm; Rexburg; f2.8; 15sec; CanonPowerShotSX120IS
Guitar Knob

This image is edited. I overlaid two images in Photoshop. I used the Overlay blending tool with a multiplier. I like how the colors of the two images make the photo glow. For the main photo I took an extreme close up with macro settings to capture the image. The second photo was a texture photo of a Djembe drum head. I added a burned border as well.
GuitarKnob; 6Feb2010; 12:25pm; Rexburg; f2.8; 1/15; CanonPowerShotSX120IS

My favorite shot would have to be the one with the lock and key. It is mysterious and I can't help but wonder what it would be used to lock up. You are good and finding good angles. The guitar knob has excellent composition.
ReplyDeleteI really like your TIME shot. I've always wanted to experiment with long exposure light shots, but haven't yet. I like how it turned out for you. Good job!
ReplyDelete